Support buffed - it will only take a minute. Thank you! All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon...Read more
Blizzard update: What's happening in the different WoW versions right now?
The WoW Classic era servers here, Burning Crusade Classic there. Plus the Shadowlands live servers, the various PTR versions currently testing patch 9.1.5 among other things. Oh, and there should be a Fresh Classic at some point as well. To help you keep track of what's going on in Azeroth with all of this, Blizzard published a post last night (September 14) titled "News and Development Updates for World of Warcraft."
More communication from the developers is definitely a fine thing, even if the info surrounding Phase 2 of Burning Crusade Classic has been rather confusing. Below we summarize the most important information about Shadowlands and Patch 9.1.5:
The current status on the PTR for WoW patch 9.1.5
- With the upcoming update, the media energy system will be removed completely, but because it will still take a little while until the release, the developers have changed the refill rate of the media energy from one to 10 units per day with a hotfix. This means you can already replace your media more often.
- Currently on the PTR, the focus is on updates for equipping Twinks and for Torghast.
- Shards of Domination will now drop more often.
- The amount of Soul Glow granted on levels 8-12, attacks on the Maw, the Tormentor of Torghast event, and Command Table missions has been significantly increased.
- Players who reach Fame level 80 can purchase a Median Mark of Distinction for 500 gold in Oribos, which will instantly bring a secondary character to Fame level 40. (Cannot be used above fame level 40).
- Players can now purchase versions of Korthian gear that create a piece of equipment for specific slots.
- Players can speak with Acquisitor Ta'gosh in the Hall of Curiosities, who now sells a Gate Control Shard that will allow you to activate the next Demonic Gate.
- The new customization options that were announced for High Mountain Tauren will be coming to the PTR at a later date.
- The weekly limit on Soul Ash and Soul Embers has been removed, allowing players to collect as much as they need or want.
- Repeated completion of corridors now grants the full amount of Soul Ash (previously 20% after the first completion).
- Repeated completion of corridors now grants the full amount of Soul Embers (previously no Soul Embers after the first completion).
- More updates are scheduled to land on the live servers and PTR later this week.
Here's what's currently happening in Shadowlands
There are a few events coming up in the Shadowlands this WoW ID:
- Join in on the latest PvP brawl: Temple of Hotmogu
- Bonus Event: World Quests
- Harvest Festival begins on September 17
- Pirate Day goes ashore on September 19
- Brewfest hits Azeroth on September 20
In addition, the next Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) matches will take place from September 17-19. "This week, MDI returns with Group C, the final tournament tree of the eight teams vying for two spots to qualify for the Global Finals!"Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonAlso read these interesting stories 0
WoW Patch 9.2: Three new cutscenes from the test server [spoilers!]What can we expect in Zereth Mortis, the new area of patch 9.2? The first three cutscenes from the WoW test server tell us! [Spoiler! 0
WoW: When dragon Teremus hunts hardcore players in StormwindWhen the dragon Teremus suddenly flies through Stormwind in WoW Classic: Season of Mastery and starts hunting down hardcore players ... 4
WoW: Shadowlands turns 1 year old - the runtimes of the WoW expansionsWoW players have been in the Shadowlands for a year now. We take a look at whether Shadowlands could become the longest expansion. 01:31WoW
Patch 9.1: The launch trailer for Chains of Domination is here (German) From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 1