Those who know my review articles for the WoW: Burning Crusade era know: I'm not a big fan of the PvP system from back then. While arenas, conquest points, and...Read more
Crass prices, too short pre-patch: TBC Classic depresses Asmongold
Already after the leak of the launch date for WoW: Burning Crusade Classic, voices were raised that criticized: If the dates should be correct, just two weeks for the pre-patch are much too little! Yesterday, on May 6th, Blizzard officially confirmed: Yep, the pre-patch will be released on May 19th, and yes, the final launch of TBC Classic will take place on June 2nd. The leaks were "real." It's now officially okay to be upset.
And that's exactly what many players are currently doing, for example on Reddit or in the official forums. The reasons, with a view to the short pre-patch duration:
- The pre-patch will be a unique phase in the history of WoW (buy now 14,99 € ) due to the special TBC-Classic constellation, which has never happened before and will never happen again (WoW-Classic content with patch 2.4.3 status and Blood Elves/Draenei/Arena skirmish). Such an exciting phase deserves more time!
- Many raids would have been up for playing Naxxramas and co. for at least an ID or two with Blood Elf Paladins and Draenei Shamans. Most guilds can now do that.
- Many players don't even have the chance to get Blood Elf and Draenei TBC ready before launch thanks to work and co. Two weeks isn't enough if you can only level for a few hours in the evenings.
- The only ones who will benefit from the short pre-patch period are the boosters, who will now rake in an incredible amount of gold with the numerous blood elves and draenei.
Blizzard overdoes it
But it's not just the short pre-patch phase that's drawing criticism. Yesterday, Blizzard also unveiled all the paid services that will be offered around the pre-patch and TBC Classic launch, respectively:
- Paid cloning service for players who want to play characters equally in TBC Classic and Classic era. Cost: 35 Euro per character
- The Dark Portal Pass for players who want to boost a character to level 58 on their account. Cost: 39,99 Euro
- The Deluxe Edition, which includes the Dark Portal Passport, two mounts, a new rest stone effect, 30 days of gameplay, and a toy item. Cost: 69,99 Euro.
A point that bothers many players: the mount Reawakened Phase Hunter, which you can use in TBC Classic, is apparently supposed to be available to characters as early as level 40 and bring 100 percent speed (source). Officially, Blizzard has not yet commented on the speed of the mount.
Asmongold and many other players are very critical about the high price for the cloning service. Since you have to pay per character, players who want to clone three or four characters will quickly incur enormous costs. And that's for a service that actually only unlocks an existing clone for both Classic versions. On top of that, Blizzard has hinted at Classic Plus content for the Era servers in the past (such as with this survey), but there's no concrete info on those additions yet. In other words: At the moment, TBC players simply cannot estimate whether the investment in the clone for the era servers will be worth it or not.
What do you think of all this? Tell us in the comments!Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Read also these interesting stories 0
WoW: Deep Wind Shot - PvP brawl starting August 18WoW PvP Brawl: Starting August 18, we'll be heading into a special variant of the Deepwind Gulch battleground. Here is the news! 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs Poll on Phase 2 RaidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race will be rated in TBC Classic Phase 2. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints of patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? Find from some dataminers raises hopes for patch 9.1.5. 01:48WoW
: Burning Crusade Classic: The Official Goosebumps Trailer World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 30