Those who know my review articles for the WoW: Burning Crusade era know: I'm not a big fan of the PvP system from back then. While arenas, conquest points, and...Read more
WoW: Classic Fresh goals: faster progress and crisp content
As we all know, the open beta phase of the WoW Classic championship season started this week, and in the official forum the developers have once again made it clear what goals they are pursuing with "Classic Fresh" and why they are making which changes. We have summarized the most important findings for you below:
- The main goal for the Championship season is to provide an experience in WoW Classic that offers "faster progression and more challenging content."
- That's why there will be more quest XP, a 12-month cycle, the honor system and Day 1 Warsong Gulch, and crunchier raid bosses.
- There could be more adjustments to come if they make it easier to achieve the above goals. Feedback from beta players is important here.
- Currently, the developers are refraining from increasing the drop rate or the number of loot pieces. The reason: the scarce loot helps make the content challenging.
- The Chrono Strength Shifter from WoW Classic will be available and usable in the Championship season. You will not lose any buffs stored in the Chrono Strength Shifter when you enter a raid. You will, however, lose the buff effects if you restore them from the displacer during a raid instance.
- AQ opening could also be sped up in the appropriate phase if servers are having trouble opening the gates in a timely manner.
- Rank 14 is a prestigious achievement that is simply part of Vanilla WoW. This should definitely be maintained. However, there might be other adjustments that will help achieve the goals for the championship season. Exactly what these will look like is currently under discussion.
- There are no concrete details yet for the period after the 12 months. However, all options will end up on the table for discussion, including what will happen to the characters and whether they will be preserved in some way.
Do you like buffed? Then you can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall.
Every amount, big or small, is valuable.
We thank you.Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonAlso read these interesting stories 0
WoW: Darkmoon Faire - how to make "good" into "betterThe Darkmoon Faire is great, but should be spruced up. We look at how Silas Darkmoon's sinister WoW amusement park could be improved. 6
WoW: The most expensive pets in the game - from TCG to ingame storeHalf a million gold for a pet in WoW? Yes, it exists! Here, we introduce you to the ten most expensive pets! 9
WoW: If I could wish for a city in WoW, it would be ...A thought experiment: If you could wish for a city in WoW, what style would it be? The Hozen style? The Jinyu? The Vulpin? 00:47WoW
Classic: Attack on the pitchwing hoard - Trailer From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favorite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 1