Due to various additional features, Discord is gradually displacing voice chats like Teamspeak and the like and is now also used by many WoW players. One...Read more
WoW: New raid, flying, mega dungeon, pact updates - all info from the WoW panel
With patch 9.1, the first major update of WoW Shadowlands is upon us and the developers have thrown out a lot of information about it during BlizzConline. Already during the opening ceremony, it was revealed that we are heading out to take the war to the home of the Dungeon Master. During the WoW Shadowlands panel, game designer Jeremy Feasel revealed a lot of details about patch 9.1 and its contents. He mainly talked about the new features like the upcoming raid, the Mega Dungeon and the new areas in the Maw. The second season of Shadowlands, the unlocking of flying, and the expansion of current features were also topics of discussion.03:42
WoW Patch 9.1: Cinematic Trailer for Chains of Domination - King's Grail World of Warcraft from€14.99
Here's the recap of the WoW (buy now €14.99 ) Shadowlands panel from BlizzConline 2021:
- The past year has been extremely tough for WoW developers for a variety of reasons, but a lot has been learned.
- WoW Shadowlands is not only a product of the developers, but also a product of the players and community.
- During the very long running beta, they gathered an extreme amount of feedback in various sources (forum, videos, reddit among others) about Shadowlands. What players were concerned about, what they didn't understand, what they thought was good or bad. All of this helped make Shadowlands what it is today.
- This increased communication and focus on player feedback will continue in the future.
- Unlike previous expansions, the developers don't currently see any features that need to be completely revamped or deeply reworked, thanks in part to player feedback.
- In most cases, minor adjustments or slightly better balancing will suffice.
- Our heroes have already accomplished quite a bit in the Shadowlands. We've found allies, brought stability to the four territories, and strengthened our pacts. We've even managed to defeat one of the dungeon master's most important allies (Count Denathrius).
- However, our heroes have not yet managed to gain a real foothold in the dungeon master's realm. In fact, we know next to nothing about him and have always been outmatched once we've entered the Maw, where we couldn't even stay that long. We don't know what the dungeon master is actually up to.
- What is the dungeon master up to?
- In the new patch 9.1 Chains of Domination, we will get to the bottom of this very question.
- To do so, the four pacts will join forces and take the war into the dungeon master's home, into the Maw.
- In doing so, we will explore previously undiscovered territories, encounter new enemies, but also find new allies.
- Not only can we expect new enemies, but of course new rewards. Among other things, pets and very cool mounts. For example, an undead horse and a rideable hand.
- In addition, we will face the eye of the dungeon master, so that this can no longer pursue us in the maw.
- And our mounts will then listen to our calls again in the maw, which probably means we'll be able to ride normally there soon.
- Korthia - the new area in the Maw
- There will be several new areas within the Maw. Korthia, on the other hand, is meant to be more like a whole new area.
- A world that until now hung lost between the other realms, since the dungeon master dragged it into the maw and on which strange creatures have their home.
- In Korthia we will find, among others, some inhabitants of Oribos.
- New Raid: The Sanctum of Domination
- In it, we face off against ten bosses.
- These include Tarragrue, Kel'Thuzad, and the Eye of the Dungeon Master.
- The Eye of the Dungeon Master seems to be the Eye of Odyn, which he sacrificed to Mueh'zala, who is allied with the Dungeon Master, so that he could see into the Shadowlands. In the process, by the way, he saw the angelic Kyrians, after whose model he then created the Valkyrians.
- We also meet the Damned, who are dark souls from the jailer's personal torture chamber. Perhaps there will be a reunion there with notable villains like Garrosh or Arthas.
- Sylvanas Windrunner will be the final boss of the raid. The battle will also dramatically affect the future of the Shadowlands.
- Torghast will get new levels, new corridors, and with them new enemies, new traps, and new, even more powerful animaboni.
- New Mega Dungeon: Tazavesh, the Veiled Market
- The mega dungeon will only be available in mythic mode for now.
- Eight different bosses await in the City of Midwayers.
- We will learn more about the history, background and way of life of the midwayers.
- In the first part we are in the city, while the second is a kind of escape from the city, in which we pursue, among other things, a midwayer who wants to make off with a powerful artifact. In the process, we go through various portals into different areas, where we fight different bosses.
- Various weapons, pets and a flying disc as a mount are waiting for us.
- New features for the pacts
- There will be additional media and media types.
- The soul bond system is to be expanded.
- The developers want to create even more opportunities to customize your own character.
- However, the development is still in the early stages. Therefore, there was no information about how the soul band system will be expanded.
- There will be new Pact armor sets. These are purely cosmetic and can be transmogrified regardless of armor type.
- Individual pieces of the various sets can also be mogrified.
- Flying will only be unlocked via the Pact campaign. There should be no other requirements.
- Each pact will also get access to its own flight mount.
- The second season of Shadowlands
- There is a new season affix that will be based on the new setting. Which one it is and how it works, the developers did not reveal anything about it yet.
- The item level will be raised across the board
- The second PvP Season will of course also start with the patch.
- Through adjustments to the honor talents, the meta game should be loosened up a bit.
- Mounts are waiting for us again as rewards. Gladiator and M+ mounts will just be different colorways of the respective mounts from the first season, though.
- There will be a new boss mount: a Gorm.
.Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Read also these interesting stories 0