Those who know my review articles for the WoW: Burning Crusade era know: I'm not a big fan of the PvP system from back then. While arenas, conquest points, and...Read more
WoW TBC Classic: Phase 2 brought a lot of bugs into the game despite PTR
When Phase 2 of WoW: Burning Crusade Classic went live, Blizzard released a list of known bugs that had already landed on the developers' radar. That list included a full three items:
- Currently, when fighting Kael'tha's Sunwalker in the Fortress of Storms, the tank's threat may be completely erased during Stage 4.
- Currently, only the guild leader can add new icons or names to the guild bank tabs, even if you have granted those rights to other players with lower ranks.
- If you swap the stack of an item within a guild bank tab with another item stack, it will count as a removal and thus count against your daily removal cap for that day.
A few days later, it's clear that Phase 2 has brought many more bugs to Outland. We had already reported on some of them, for example the loot problem in the Serpent Shrine and the Fortress of Storms, which is said to have been fixed with the new ID.
However, just how long the list of Phase 2 bugs actually is is revealed by this Reddit post, which has more than 30 entries. Here are some of the worst bugs:
- Several Ogri'la quests were/are bugged, the faction's vials could be traded at times, apparently resulting in several bans.
- Some players were unable to start Sha'tari Skyguard quests on Day 1.
- The Sha'tari Skyguard Terokk challenge is buggable for several players, with the associated NPC not showing up.
- The Chess event in Karazhan was reportedly unplayable on multiple players because the "Pet Bar" was not displayed or some of the abilities were not available.
- This bug from the chess event also appeared sporadically with hunters, mages and warlocks, who had to cope with a faulty "Pet-Bar" in dungeons or in the arena. And also the first boss in BWL now has problems with the "Pet-Bar".
- The Karazhan Attunement is no longer required to enter Karazhan. Since there is no announcement about this, it is unclear if this is a bug.
- In phase 3, Lady Vashj has random threat losses, causing non-tanks to die quickly.
- Lady Vashj had or has a bug where the fight would just reset in the middle of it. It happened to a raid group just before the first kill.
- Similar threat issues to Lady Vashj were experienced with Kael'thas in Phase 4, and there are also difficult to understand threat issues when Kael'thas first enters combat or when his minions respawn when players are too far away from the enemies.
- Some Braufest quests on the Horde side are not working properly.
- On some servers, the NPCs in the PvP dailies are unavailable.
- Tobias the Rot has disappeared with the start of the Brewfest, preventing players from continuing their Fortress of Storms attunement.
- If you visit Lady Vashj after defeating Kael'thas, healers may be able to access the Legendary Piston effect if they are mind controlled by Lady Vashj.
- Kael'thas may experience crashes or long freeze frames.
- Druids cannot complete Ogri'la and Sha'tari bomb quests in flight form, as the item only works on mounts.
- Shaman Teachers from Ironforge and Prophet Velen have been bugged.
- Some players were able to trade back PvP items from Season 1 for Arena Points after the start of Season 2, though Blizzard says they shouldn't be able to.
- Some mobs, like Vakkiz, don't give reputation with Skyguard if you knock them down.
- If you reset the fight against Lord Karathress, his adds might not respawn. So you were left with just the boss to deal with.
- Defeated Succubi stand around in the area instead of lying on the ground.
- Some mobs/NPCs in the old world seem to be out of phase and unavailable.
- Some trash enemies in the fortress and snake shrine have evading issues. Say: Suddenly all attacks fail and the mobs regenerate their health.
With so many problems, it makes you wonder what a public test server is for, doesn't it? Have you discovered any other bugs that came to Outland with Phase 2?Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonAlso read these interesting stories 0
WoW Patch 9.2: Three new cutscenes from the test server [Spoiler!]What can we expect in Zereth Mortis, the new area of patch 9.2? The first three cutscenes from the WoW test server tell us! [Spoiler! 0
WoW: When dragon Teremus hunts hardcore players in StormwindWhen the dragon Teremus suddenly flies through Stormwind in WoW Classic: Season of Mastery and starts hunting down hardcore players ... 4
WoW: Shadowlands turns 1 year old - the runtimes of the WoW expansionsWoW players have been in the Shadowlands for a year now. We take a look at whether Shadowlands could become the longest expansion. 00:30WoW
TBC Classic: Lords of Outland release trailer is here! From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 3